June 16, 2010

Total Transformation - Week 5 Summary

I promised on the front-end of this journey that I was going to be honest with you all. So here's the truth of it. . . this last week was not so bueno. Just goes to show that I, like the rest of humanity, have difficulty remaining motivated. But never fear, I'm not giving up. I'm going to dust myself off and keep pressing forward. Here's this last week in review.

Body: This my friends, is the area I struggle in the most. I worked out pretty much every day for three weeks. I then took a trip out of town to visit family and I kinda fell off the ole workout wagon. I absolutely love and adore my p90x workouts, but I'm going to have to put them on pause for the next 30 days. Here's why: The folks at BeachBody.com have sent me their latest workout DVD program called Body Gospel. They've asked me to review it and let you all know what I think. I did the first workout on Monday. I'll post a more thorough review of the program in the next few days.  So Body Gospel will be taking the place of p90x for the next 30 days. I then plan on resuming p90x and completing the program.

Mind: I'm still working my way through Anatomy of the Soul. It's just not a quick read. Anything dealing with neuroscience is bound to take me a little bit longer to work through. It's been interesting. My goal is to finish it this weekend. It's frightening to realize how my reactions, attitudes, and mannerisms have the ability to affect my child's mental well-being for the rest of his life. No pressure there.

Spirit: I'm still studying the life of David. This last week I've seen David go from the king's son-in-law to a hunted man. Sadly, Saul only allowed him marry his daughter because he thought he could use the marriage as a way to bring harm to David.  I can't begin to imagine how hard it must have been to deal with the stress and fear of having to run from your life from a mad man, because by this point that is what Saul had become - a man driven by self-obsession and paranoia. I was encouraged by the faith of Jonathan. I think this is what initially knit these two godly warriors together. They both possessed a living faith in the purpose and power of God.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis