June 29, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words . .. but is it worth a thousand dollars?

I've been saving up my birthday money, my Pampered Chef earnings, and my coupon money to put toward a Digital SLR camera. I finally have enough to buy the camera of my dreams . . .the only problem is I'm not sure which camera that is.

I've had my eye on a couple. The Nikon D5000 and the Canon Digital Rebel. I'm primarily planning on using the camera to take photos of my friends and family (Nothing uber complicated or professional). I like that the Nikon D5000 also shoots HD video.

Do you have a DSLR? What is your opinion on the best kind to get (under $800)? I would totally appreciate your opinion!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I have a Canon Rebel. We just a professional photographer come to our house (he was looking at our fireplace to help us decided on what size portrait to purchase from our wedding 9 years ago!!!!) Anyway, we briefly talked cameras because he saw my rebel. He said that he tells everyone to go with the Canon Rebel and then spend more on lenses because the body of the Rebel is really great. Hope that helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the Nikon and we LOVE it! It's awesome and takes the most amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brie - Does your Canon Rebel do video? I'm not sure if those have that capability or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought my camera!! I ended up getting the Canon EOS Rebel T1i. It should be here on Friday!! I can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis