May 11, 2010

Total Transformation Tuesday - Day 2

I feel like someone has literally kicked me in the rear. I checked, there is no bruise . . . only some super sore muscles. Yesterday I began my 90 day quest to a better me. Transformation Tuesdays will document my journey to transform body, mind, and spirit.

Here's what's on the menu:
Body: P90x Exercise Program
  • Yesterday I did the Core Synergistics dvd. I imagine it would have been very comical to watch me rolling around on the floor like a trained seal. 
  • I'm trying hard to get rid of my mommy-muffin top and the stubborn 5 pounds of baby weight that refuses to go away.
Mind: Read a book for at least 30 minutes a day.
  • I'm reading "Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose, Live Intentionally, Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life." It's a looooooong title, but a good thought provoking book to challenge my priorities and perspectives.
  • Today I finished Chapter 5. It involved developing an intentional plan to help enhance your personal growth. It challenged me to get outside my comfort zone in order to grow as a person.
Spirit: Work through Beth Moore's 90 Days to a Heart Like His - a study on the life of David.
  • I've been reminded that even though man looks at the outside, God looks at the heart. I could spend the next 90 days perfecting my body, but if I neglect what's on the inside, it will have all been in vain. 
My greatest challenge has been finding the time to exercise. The DVDs are each about an hour long. There is no way on earth I can do them while my son is awake. He has about a five minute attention span and he is on the move. I would hate to accidentally step on him while doing a lunge. That means I either have to wake up at five (I can guarantee that's not going to happen - this girl is NOT a morning person) or I can work out after he goes to bed at 7:00. I hate working out so late, but it's either then or not at all. 

So . .. that's my update. Two days down. Eighty-eight more to go . . . . that's a lot. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis