May 4, 2010

"Total Transformation Tuesday" Sneak Peek

I'm excited to announce a new twelve week blog adventure starting next Tuesday, May 11. "Total Transformation Tuesdays" will document my 90 day journey to transform body, mind, and spirit. Fair warning: it may turn into "What Was I Thinking Wednesday," or "Throw in the Towel Thursday."

Here's the gameplan:

For 90 days I commit to improving the the following areas of my life:
  • Body:
    • Exercise: P90x to be exact. I'm probably a little bit delusional to think that I am prepared for that level of fitness insanity, but I'm up for the challenge. I will do my best and forget the rest.
  • Mind: 
    • I will commit to read for at least thirty minutes a day. Unfortunately, this will not include reading the program titles on the TV guide channel.
  • Spirit:
    • I will be reading Beth Moore's study "90 Days to a Heart Like His" based on the life of David. 

Let's be honest here, I'm in a bit of a rut. I need something to motivate me to get off my tail and get something productive done. I figured there is no better motivation than a couple hundred people to hold me accountable. I'm telling you on the front-end that the odds are good that at some point I'm going to want to give up. Don't let me!

I invite you to follow me on my journey. I promise to be completely honest with you on how things are going. I'm not going to pretend I've got it all together if I don't. Here's my motto:
"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing."
I'm not going to be perfect, I can tell you that much, but I do want to strive for excellence. I'm excited (and a little apprehensive), but I think my goals are realistic and my motives are good. So many times in the past I have been motivated to change because I wanted to please someone else. Since reading Beth Moore's latest book "So Long Insecurity," I've come to recognize the foolishness of the people-pleasing game. Other people's opinions do not give me self-worth - God does. This is for me.  I want to be a healthy, happy momma. I want to make the most of the gifts God has given.

I'm pumped up and ready to go! Tuesday, here we come!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck! Esp. the workouts! Can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck to you! I think this is a great idea of yours and a great plan. We all get in ruts and need a big change. I, myself am in a rut as well. I will keep up with your blog and see how you're doing. That insecurity book by beth moore...was it good? I am very insecure and care way too much about what others think. Maybe I should read that? The book you are going to read about the life of David sounds good too. Let me know how you like them! I love reading new and inspiring books!
    http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laina -

    "So Long Insecurity" was amazing. I was even insecure about buying the book in front of my husband. More than anything it helps give you the right perspective on yourself and your worth. I highly recommend it.

    I was so impressed by it that I'm actually thinking about giving away a copy on this blog out of my own pocket. I feel that strongly about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are doing will with your goals! Keep it up, never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - thanks for the tip. I will read it for sure if you feel that strongly about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah -

    Good luck to you and I look forward to following along and being inspired to better myself along the way.

    Shelley T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, your post just came at the right time in my life, I am actually working on some posts of my own hoping that if I blog about it that I will have more motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis