May 18, 2010

Total Transformation Tuesday - Week One Done

Yesterday was so hard. I had to literally force myself to push play on the DVD player. It's not that the workouts are impossible, I would just much rather sit on the couch and read blogs, or watch tv, or read a book, or . . .. well pretty much anything other than exercise.

I am proud to announce that I managed to stick to the P90x exercise plan for the whole week, which meant six days straight of dvd workouts targeting different areas of the body. The bad news, well more discouraging than bad, is that I have not lost a single OUNCE. Not even one. I keep reminding myself that muscle weighs more than fat, but still - after 7 hours of exercising I hoped the scale would show at least some sign of progress. It probably doesn't help that I've been eating Ghirarddelli chocolates for breakfast the last few days . .  . it was on sale at Wal-Mart, and we all know that I'm a sucker for a good deal - and lets be honest, who doesn't love squares of chocolaty goodness.

So, all that to say, that progress is slow, but I'm committed to seeing this thing through to the end. I do have to admit that the 90 minute yoga video was the most difficult hour and a half I've spent in a looooong time. If I hear the phrase "plank position" one more time I may be ill. It does bring a sense of accomplishment when you can sit down at the end of a good workout and say - I made it!

Here's a little background on me in so that you can understand where I'm coming from. I'm not athletic. I don't even pretend to be. The only team I was on in high school was the Academic Decathalon team, and I was the captain. I competed in a science bowl. I tried out for the UIL accounting team. I was president of the National Honor Society. I'm not saying all that to toot my own horn or to out myself as a nerd. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not some hip, in shape, fitness chick. I'm just your average run-of-the mill mom on a mission.

Here's my week in review:

Body:
  • It was tough, but I made it through all six scheduled workouts. It was a definite struggle at times. I have to wait until my son goes to bed before I begin my workout (this girls dreads mornings like a vampire dreads sunlight). There were a couple of night that I didn't finish my workout until 11:30 PM. I did skip one supplemental Ab Ripper routine simple because I didn't want to be up till midnight doing crunches. 
Mind
  • If only I enjoyed exercising as much as I enjoyed reading. I love books. I'm an addict. This last week I finished reading Live Like You Mean It. I'll be posting a review of it on the blog this week. The big takeaway message for me was: Live intentionally. I started 5 Ministry Killers and How to Defeat Them a few days ago. It's been an interesting read, especially for those connected to church/Christian ministry. That review should be posted on Sunday. 
Spirit
  • In the Beth Moore study on the life of David "A Heart Like His," we're covering David's back story - specifically the life of Samuel, the prophet who later anointed David to be king of Israel. Here are the things that stood out to me this last week:
    • God looks at the heart, not the outward appearance. I can look like I've got it all together, but He can see through the charade. 
    • We can't treat God like a good luck charm or a genie in a bottle. He has specific purposes in mind for our lives and it's his will that will be fulfilled, not our wish list. The wonderful thing about God is that even though we may not always get what we want, He is always good (though it may be difficult at times to understand why things don't go the way we planned) and his purposes are always for our ultimate benefit. He will not allow anything into your life that He cannot use for your good if you allow Him to work through it and use it.
So, that's my Total Transformation week in review.  It has not been easy, but it's been good. I'm looking forward to the journey! We're almost 10% of the way there! Hooray!


Wondering what this is all about? You can check out my original post where I explain what motivated this 90 day mission.



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing well. I was wondering how everything was going. Glad to hear you sticking it out. Goals are not easy, but they cause personal growth and boost your self esteem. You don't always see results right away, so keep going. You're doing great! Those books sound great. I love reading books that inspire me and challenge me to grow as a person. Can't wait to hear what you thought about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, if you need motivation stop by

    I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach. I've lost over 65 pounds with their products and now I earn good money just doing part time work, check out my site for info on weight loss or turning your health into great income Visit www.FitnessAchievement.com or my coaching site

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis