1) A comfortable pair of jeans for traveling. This has become especially important since I've started traveling with a young child. I need a pair of pants that can hold up drool, spilled juice, and other miscellaneous child-related stains.
2) A nice pair of heels. A good pair of heels makes me feel dressed up, regardless of whether I'm wearing them with a pair of nice jeans or a pretty dress.
3) My favorite pajamas. Slipping into something "a little more comfortable" usually means my favorite pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. They may not be considered "fashionable pieces" but they certainly help with my beauty sleep. That's fashionable, right?
4) A nice button up blouse. It's hard to go wrong with this wardrobe classic. I find they can be very versatile, and can be paired with a nice pair of slacks, a skirt, or my personal favorite - blue jeans.
5) Pretty accessories. I seldom get to wear earrings anymore. My son likes to use them to practice his hand-eye coordination. Needless to say, a few swift yanks and my earrings have been retired for the time being.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Gap Outlet blogging program to be eligible to win a $20 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.