- Shop your friend's closet. See if there are any items you would like to swap.
- Don't be afraid of resale shops! You can find great deals on clothes in great condition.
- Garage Sales can be gold mines - ESPECIALLY for children's clothes.
- Check out E-bay or Craigslist for designer items at discounted prices.
- Check online for discount codes.
- Look in your Sunday Paper for special deals and sales
- Take advantage of "Bonus Bucks" programs. Kohls is one of my favorites. Earning $10 on a $50 purchase is the equivalent of an additional 20% off your purchase.
- Use discount coupons that come in the mail. Many department stores offer these promotional coupons on a regular basis.
- Pay cash. You're not saving any money if you're paying interest on a credit card. Sure, it may be on sale for 15% off, but you'll actually LOSE a greater percentage if you have a high interest rate of around 20-25%.
- This may sound like a contradiction to #9, but take advantage of any special "card-members" discount programs. THE ONLY REQUIREMENT: pay it off immediately. You can even pay it off right then while you are in the store. That way you still reap the benefits of an additional 15-30% off without the temptation of spending more money than you actually have.
Here are some current specials running as part of Gap's campaign. Feel free to take advantage of these discounts and keep a little extra cash in your wallet!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Gap Outlet blogging program to be eligible to win a $20 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here