April 10, 2013

You might be the mother of a preschooler if . . .


I'm fortunate enough to be a part of an incredible group of moms called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). They have been such an encouragement to me on my mothering journey. One of my favorite things about MOPS is the opportunity to sit around a table and share about our week.

Despite how different our families are, I find that we have a lot of things in common. Here are a few things that I've discovered, Jeff Foxworthy style:

You might be the mother of a preschool if . . . 


  1. You've caught yourself saying things like: "Take your foot out of the Doritos bag!" or "Don't stick that zebra up your nose."
  2. You've had to choose between eating, bathing, or sleeping because you only have time to do one of the above. 
  3. You're more skilled at negotiation than an FBI hostage negotiator. 
  4. Your purse contains enough snacks and toys to appease a tiny army. 
  5. Repeatedly singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" counts as exercise.
  6. You have been pooped, peed, and puked on (and no, you're not a nurse). 
  7. You share labor stories like you're the veteran of a war. 
  8. Going on vacation is exhausting.
  9. You'll put up with Barney, Yo Gabba Gabba, or the Barkyardigans if it means you can fold the laundry without "help."
  10. Your skills at wrangling a toddler into a diaper rival that of the best rodeo riders.
Thanks for all your hard work, mama! Don't give up! We're all in this together. 

I'd love to hear your own variation! Leave a comment:  "You might be the mother of a preschooler if . . . "

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post even if my kids are now 26 and 28!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say here Debby, mine are 27 and 29. But I would like to go back to those days for just a very short while to savor them.

    Sarah, Enjoy your children, before you know it they will be grown and gone. It happens in a flash. And actually, enjoy this time because what's ahead of you will be a whole other experience--teenagers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm nervous about the teenage years. At least at this age, I can put them in time out when they throw a tantrum. :-)

      Delete
  3. My kids are too old (nine and ten) and too young (one and two) for preschool, but these have pretty much all applied at some point in my life during the last decade...except for the part about Barney. Swap out Barney, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Backyardigans with Caillou, Bob the Builder, and Elmo, and then we can talk. :)

    As for other things? Well, I no longer fear the zombie apocalypse because after years of sleep deprivation, I could blend right in with the zombies and they'd never know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Cailou, Bob the Builder, and Elmo are still around at our house too. Cailou's voice drives me nuts, so we don't watch that very often.

      Ah sleep deprivation, I'm not sure what life would be like with a solid night of sleep on a regular basis. :-) I feel like we should make a t-shirt "I had kids, I can now survive a zombie apocalypse.:

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis