September 9, 2010

For Time & Eternity by Allison Pittman * Book Review

For Time and Eternity (Sister Wife)Camilla is certain her parents must be wrong about the Mormon strangers camped near their family farm. After all, they have never met the handsome, charming, Nathan Fox. How could someone so kind be dangerous?

I loved, loved, loved this book. I literally read the whole thing in 24 hours (and that's saying something coming from a busy mom). I have always been fascinated by the beliefs of Mormons. It was interesting to see a glimpse into some controversial areas - primarily the issue of polygamy.

The book is set in the 1800s, before the Mormon church reversed its stance on plural marriage. I think Pittman did an excellent job of presenting the challenges and emotional impact of such a family state. As a wife, I can't even begin to imagine sharing my husband with another woman, let alone having her live with me under my roof. Pittman fleshed out these issues through the struggles of Camilla Deardon. I was impressed with the plot, drama, and emotional power of this book.\

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I have to wait until NEXT YEAR to find out what happens next. This is the first book in the Sister Wife series, and I personally hope that there are many more to come.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis