August 27, 2010

Flavorful Low-Sodium Family Meals

I try my best as a mom to offer my family nutritious, low-fat food. Unfortunately , I often fail to pay attention to how much sodium is in my meals. I’m sure you perfect mamas out there never feed your family processed food or lay out a feast of fast food for your family. I’m guilty. Thankfully, I’m now doing my best to monitor the sodium content of the meals I put on the table.

The folks at Mrs. Dash offer salt-free options to help add flavor and taste to your favorite meals. Mrs. Dash has introduced a large selection of Seasoning Blends to accent your favorite dishes. Not familiar with Mrs. Dash? This salt-free blend of herbs and spices contains no MSG and can be added to a wide variety of foods. You can add the Original Blend in place of your regular table salt. Season meats and vegetables to give them that extra punch of flavor.

Do you like your food spicy? You can try Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Spicy on pizza, chicken, or even mixed into cream cheese for a tasty tortilla spread. My husband usually loves sprinkling chili flakes on pizza, I think we’ll definitely have to give Mrs. Dash Spicy blend a try on our next pizza night.

Would you like to add a little bit of zing to your vegetable dishes? You can try mixing a little bit of butter with Mrs. Dash’s Lemon Pepper and drizzle over broccoli or spinach. Its lemony zest helps add flavor to chicken and fish.

In the mood for a little Latin flavor? Mrs. Dash also offers a Fiesta Lime seasoning. Sprinkle it in your ground beef as a salt-free alternative to taco seasoning. Sprinkle it on fajitas or even chips that have been warmed in the oven.

Do you like Italian? Give the Garlic and Herb Seasoning a try. Sprinkle it over warm buttered French bread, or mix it in to the ground beef you add to your favorite spaghetti sauce. I think this seasoning would also be excellent on pork tenderloin. Simply drizzle some olive oil over the top of the tenderloin, sprinkle on the Garlic and Herb seasoning, and then cook as usual.

We all know that a low-sodium diet is essential to a long, healthy life. The folks at Mrs. Dash seek to bring a world of flavor without the need for salt. While I’ve not had the opportunity to try every single one of their new Salt-Free Blends, I look forward to tasting them in the near future! You can add flavor to meals without adding salt. Mrs. Dash can help.

Photobucket

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the Mrs. Dash and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis