August 27, 2010

Five Simple Things to Keep Kids Smiles Healthy and Bright

I get a kick out of my son's little teeth. He has five of them now and that little toothy grin evokes a smile just about every time. My new concern - taking care of those pearly whites in the hopes of avoiding the dreaded cavities and keeping his smile healthy and white. Here are five tips for protecting your child's chompers.
  1. Avoid sugary drinks and snacks. Opt instead for natural sugars found in fresh fruits, or better still, choose fresh, cut veggies for a nutritious between meals pick-me-up.
  2. To help make sure they brush their teeth for the right amount of time buy an electric toothbrush like the Philips Sonicare with a built-in two minute timer. When the brush stops, you're done.
  3. Make an "I did it" chart and encourage your child to keep up with their teeth-brushing duties. Offer a fun family reward for a job well done.
  4. Pre-strung, floss picks make flossing easier for kids.
  5. Set a good example and take care of your own teeth. I'm no where near as good about this as I should be. I always forget to floss . . . it's bad, I know. I'm trying to be better.
What do you do to help your kids' teeth stay shiny and bright? Join in the discussion with the rest of us at TwitterMoms!


Photobucket

I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Trident blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis