- Avoid sugary drinks and snacks. Opt instead for natural sugars found in fresh fruits, or better still, choose fresh, cut veggies for a nutritious between meals pick-me-up.
- To help make sure they brush their teeth for the right amount of time buy an electric toothbrush like the Philips Sonicare with a built-in two minute timer. When the brush stops, you're done.
- Make an "I did it" chart and encourage your child to keep up with their teeth-brushing duties. Offer a fun family reward for a job well done.
- Pre-strung, floss picks make flossing easier for kids.
- Set a good example and take care of your own teeth. I'm no where near as good about this as I should be. I always forget to floss . . . it's bad, I know. I'm trying to be better.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Trident blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”