March 5, 2010

Going Postal

I've always been a bit protective of my little one, especially around strangers, so you can imagine how shocked I was when this afternoon someone walked into my home and picked my baby up.

How does this happen, one might ask? Well, there was a knock on the door this afternoon. A lady from the post office was at the front door with a package that had postage due. I laid my baby down in his pack 'n play and walked across the room to get my wallet. When I said, "Just one minute, let me get my purse." She apparently heard: "Come in, make yourself at home . . . and please handle my baby." I was shocked when I looked up to see that she had reached inside the pack n' play and proceeded to carry my baby around the living room. WHO DOES THAT?

I quickly grabbed two bills out of my wallet and snatched my baby back. I'm sorry, but that's just not OK with me. First of all, I did not invite you into my house, secondly anyone with common sense knows that you don't just reach for a stranger's baby without asking, and finally, just because I talked to you at the mailbox last week does NOT make us best friends who walk into each others homes and pick up babies. Seriously.

From now on, I am going to deadbolt my door while I get the money out of my purse. I just can't believe the audacity of someone to do that! It wasn't like I left the room and she snuck in. Nope, she walked into my home while I was standing watching her. I quickly ushered her back out the door she entered and locked the door behind her. I'm sorry, but my son is one package I don't want the post office handling.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow,Boundaries seem to be a thing of the past these days. Now following you from MBC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis