October 19, 2014

10 Things my Allume Roommates Should Know About Me


This week, I'm heading off to the Allume Conference and I am oh so very excited! I'll be able to spend some time with my blogging buddy Beth Lawrence from Just Beth. I'm also looking forward to meeting new blogging friends!

In preparation for our time together, I figured I should probably let my Allume roomies know a little bit about me.


1) If you see me in maternity pants, I'm not pregnant. I just can't remember where I stored my pre-pregnancy jeans.

2) I am blind as a bat without my glasses or contacts in. I'm so nearsighted that I can't even see the numbers on the alarm clock when it's sitting right next to me on my nightstand. 

3) We don't have cable at home, so you might catch me sneaking an episode of something on HGTV. I usually don't mind being cable-free, but I do I love HGTV and the Hallmark channel. 

4) I never really started drinking coffee until I had children. I was a "social" coffee drinker in college, but have succumbed to a cup a day habit. With an infant that stays awake until midnight and a three-year-old that wakes up at 5:30, coffee or hot tea keeps me from becoming Mom Zombie.

5) I decided to run a half-marathon two years ago. Before that point, I had never run more than a mile (and that mile was only when someone forced me to do it in PE). I completed it in Nov. 2012. . . . and I haven't run that far since then. 

6) I have the sense of humor of a seven-year-old boy. The name Albert Pujoles (pronounced poo holes) makes me laugh.

7) My three-year-old is currently potty training, and I am secretly hoping that my husband will have that mess sorted out before I get back home ;-) 

8) I love to read. I always have at least one book that I'm reading. 

9) I live in a house full of men (my hubby and three sons), so I'm super excited about the opportunity to spend some time with the ladies. 

10) Speaking of men, I hope you don't mind that I'm bringing a guy to stay in the room with us. Don't worry, he's really nice (and he's pretty cute).
The extra roommate - my four-month-old, baby J. 
I'm looking forward to the opportunity to learn, grow, and have fun with new friends! 
Allume, here I come!! 
 *********************************************************************************


Want to join the conversation? Come hang out with me on Facebook or Twitter.

Don't want to miss a post? Sign up for posts to be sent to your e-mail inbox!


                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis