May 2, 2010

"Sixteen Cities" CD Review

I'm one of those weird people who always needs background noise in my house - sometimes it's the Hallmark Chanel, sometimes it's the radio. For the last week, the self-titled release from Sixteen Cities has been my soundtrack. Their debut album released a couple weeks ago and I have really enjoyed it.

Sixteen Cities is a Christian rock group originally from Portland. They actually started playing music together while in high school. They traveled on the Indie circuit for a few years before joining with Centricity Music.

My favorite song on the album has to be "Pray You Through." Here are a few lines from the Chorus.
I'm all out of words,
there's nothing I can say to you,
To take away the hurt
so let me pray you through.
 Some of their mellow songs remind me of Death Cab for Cutie; while others are a little bit more upbeat and reminiscent of Jars of Clay and The Fray. On occasion I think their lead singer, sounds a little bit like the singer from Copeland. Their lyrics were thoughtful and their melodies memorable. They do have a "younger" sound, but I think that people of any age can appreciate their music.

Check them out!

Photobucket

Centricity Music provided me with access to 16 Cities album to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis