May 18, 2010

Five Fun Family Vacation Activities Your Kids Will Love

As a child, my summer vacations were spent driving from Texas to Ohio to visit friends and family. That is a loooooooong time to spend in the car, but along the way we managed to have a lot of fun and see a lot of neat sights. Now that I have a family of my own, I've begun brainstorming some fun family vacation ideas. Of course, at the moment, my son is to little to enjoy anything more than a warm bed, good food, and a few colorful books, but one day I hope to create some fun family memories. Here are my top five! You can also share your ideas by joining the discussion hosted by TwitterMoms and Williamsburg Tourism.

  1. Take Me Out to the Ballgame: I want to take my son to a Texas Rangers Baseball game in Arlington, TX. I grew up watching the Rangers and so I have a lot of fond memories.  There are a lot of fun activities in the Arlington area: Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, The Ballpark in Arlington, and the new Cowboys stadium.
  2. Fun in the Sun: If I ever get in awesome shape (which is my current goal). I plan on hauling my family to the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I would also want to spend a few days in historic Charleston, SC. I've only seen pictures, but I love the history of the town.
  3. Colorado Springs, CO - I am in love with Colorado. In fact, my husband and I have managed to take a trip there every year since we've been married. I love the beauty of the place. Some of my favorite places to visit in the area are Mueller State Park, Garden of the Gods, and Pikes Peak. 
  4. New York City, NY - This trip will have to wait a while as I think it would be much more enjoyable with older children. I would love to travel to NYC with my family. I would definitely do all the fun touristy things - take a stroll in Central Park, see a Broadway show, visit the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.
  5. Tour the 13 original colonies - I know - it sounds educational, but who says educational can't be fun! I would love to visit the landmarks significant to the founding of our nation. There is so much rich history to be explored and discovered. I think history comes to life when you are able to stand where George Washington ate his breakfast or visit the theater were Lincoln was assassinated (that sounds horribly morbid, but it's an important part of history too). I would also want to include a trip to Washington DC so we could check out the Smithsonian, the monuments, the capitol, and the White House.
What were some of your fondest vacation memories? Do you have fun vacation plans in store for your kids this year? Feel free to share them! I love to hear from you!

Photobucket

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing from you!

ShareThis